10 October 2011

Josh's Proposal Letter to Me

 (Published March 28, 2011)

Dear Elisha Jo,

I write to you because I would like to express my undying and unconditional love. It is this love that keeps me going in this wonderful life. It is this love that I have conquered all the obstacles in my life and it is this love that brings me closer and deeper to you.

I was captivated by your smile and purple-haired spunkiness ever since I saw you. I can't stop thinking about you. I can't stop thinking about your lips, your hair, your eyes, everything about you.

I feel so lucky now that I have you in my life. My life became totally different since the day I told you I loved you. I will never forget that romantic getaway in Melbourne in summer of 2009. I will never forget our walk on the beach at night, the laughs we shared over dinner and the silent moments we had. When I saw my name permanently inked on your foot, my heart was overjoyed and that I knew then you wanted to be mine.

And now there will be no colder nights and no days filled with sadness and loneliness. I'll never live a meaningless life since I know now that you're the reason that I live.

The times we share at social events, the adventures on camping trips, sporting events and with friends; they are all positive and fulfilling. You bring joy to my heart, you make me smile on my darkest day and make me laugh often.

I hope this relationship lasts forever, lasts until the end of our lives. I want to grow old and spend the rest of my life with you. I know our hearts are already with each other and I cannot dream of a day when they will be apart.

It feels as if my life would be chaotic and lacking in meaning without you. You are the purpose of my living, the reason of my morning and the hope of my evening. You are the blossom flower of my garden, the white clouds in my heaven ad the warm fire in my winter. My day is dull and plain without seeing your smile in the morning. My night is cold and dreary without seeing your face and feeling your warm body against mine. I enjoy expressing my love to you every day.

Will you please look at me with those beautiful hazel eyes and smile to me how much you appreciate having me in your life?

Forever loving you,

Joshua “Joshy Bear” Northup

No comments: